Photo: Josh Manck
The No. 1 Texas A&M University-Commerce football team hits the road for a vital road Lone Star Conference test against the triple-option offense of Eastern New Mexico University. The Lions have been excellent on the road in the last six seasons and have a chance to create the longest winning streak by either team in this series.
WHO: Texas A&M University-Commerce at Eastern New Mexico University
WHERE: Portales, N.M. | Al Whitehead Field at Greyhound Stadium
WHEN: Noon on Saturday, September 15
RECORDS: The Lions are 2-0 overall and 1-0 in the Lone Star Conference. Eastern New Mexico is 0-2 overall and playing its first Lone Star Conference game of the season.
RANKINGS: Texas A&M-Commerce is ranked No. 1 in the AFCA Coaches’ Poll and No. 2 in the D2Football.com Media Poll. Eastern New Mexico is unranked.
LIVE AUDIO: Lion Sports Network — KETR 88.9 FM, Commerce (http://www.ketr.org)
LIVE VIDEO: https://goeasternathletics.com/watch/?Archive=302&type=Live
LIVE STATS: http://statbroadcast.com/events/statmonitr.php?gid=enm
LIONS LOOK TO CONTINUE ROAD SUCCESS
• With the 27-17 win in the road battle at William Jewell, the Lions extended the nation’s longest active winning streak to 12 games.
• The Lions have now won six consecutive true road games, including three road games in the 2017 Division II playoffs.
• In the six seasons under head coach Colby Carthel, the Lions are 19-2 in true road games in the regular season against Division II opponents.
• This is the first of two consecutive road Lone Star Conference games for the Lions, which are sandwiched around two non-conference home games.
• After the mix-and-match of conference and non-conference games, the Lions close the regular season with six consecutive LSC games.
ALL-TIME AGAINST THE GREYHOUNDS
• This is the 32nd meeting between the two schools.
• The Lions took a 16-15 lead in the all-time series with last season’s win in Commerce.
• The Lions have won the last four meetings, which is their longest-ever winning streak against the Greyhounds.
• A&M-Commerce has scored at least 35 points in each of the last five contests vs. ENMU.
• The Greyhounds have won 11 of the 15 games played in Portales/Blackwater Draw.
• The Lions have won the last two games at ENMU, which is their only road winning streak in the series.
• A fifth consecutive win by the Lions would be the longest winning streak by either team in the series.
Courtesy: Josh Manck