If you’re planning on taking your kids Trick-or-Treating this Halloween we have a few helpful tips for the evening.
- Turning your front porch light on indicates you welcome treaters.
- Halloween is on a Tuesday this year and can make for a very busy evening getting everyone ready. Sonic offers .50 cent corn dogs on Halloween. Take advantage of a quick meal and an inexpensive one at your local sonic.
- Using flow sticks or by adding lights to a costume is a great way for treaters to be seen by drivers. They can also carry a flash light.
- Make sure kids are wearing comfortable shoes so they don’t trip.
- Avoid masks. Some masks make it difficult for your child to see and breathe.
- Use flexible props. You don’t want your little one poking someone in the eye with a sharp prop.
- The most popular hours for trick-or-treating are from 5:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m.
- Plan a route in advance.
- And always make sure kids know to look both ways before crossing a street.
- Even if you kids is older, but still enjoys the evening, it is always best to accompany your child.
- Make sure to check all candy before your child dives in. You will want to look for partially opened candy wrappers, any holes in the wrapper and unless you know the owner of the home, it is best to not accept home-made treats.