On December 10, 2018, at 7:30 p.m., the Greenville Police Department received a report of two unidentified white males taking photos of a minor child at Walmart, located at 7401 East Interstate 30.
It was also reported that one of these males attempted to talk with the child.
“Even though the actions of these individuals were not criminal in nature we wanted to make the public aware of the incident since their intentions are unknown,” said Public Information Officer Kathy Lucas. “This is a good reminder for parents and children to be vigilant of their surroundings. We encourage anyone who observes suspicious activity to report it to the Greenville Police Department at 903-457-2900.”
Here are some safety tips to talk with your children about:
• Don’t talk to strangers.
• Don’t take anything from strangers.
• Don’t go anywhere with someone you don’t know.
• Keep your distance from strangers. If you are approached by a stranger, seek help immediately.
• If you feel you are being followed or something is not right, seek help immediately.
• If a stranger grabs you, do everything you can to stop him/her from pulling you away. Drop to the ground, kick, hit, bite, scream. Do whatever it takes to attract the attention of others who can help you.